Thursday 25 April 2013

“We don't need no educators”

Will I be... a teacher?
Image from Fanpop

Have you ever thought about being a teacher? A lot of my acquaintances have gone down that road. My parents always said, that's what I should do too, but this was not enough to convince me. When I was younger I had no clue what I want to be. My friends on the other hand, were always on the edge. They were sure that they would become doctors, nurses, fire-fighters and teachers of course (it depended on the day of the week). Even though I had no plans (besides changing the world of course, everybody goes through that phase) the one thing that I knew was that I like literature, grammar, and I usually talk a lot, so I decided to study English.
Most of the people think that the only job you can aspire for with such a degree is a teaching position. I won't lie to you, the thought eventually crossed my mind, but I'm not cut out for it. I know most of you think teaching is easy, teachers have a lot of vacation and good pay checks, but you are wrong. I've made an infographic about teaching, since this type of visualised data is so popular today:) I hope it is readable, please don't judge, it's my first one and it's a little old school.


No comments:

Post a Comment